The aim of WSET LEVEL 2 is to cover major grape varieties, regions of the world, food and wine pairing, sparkling wines, fortified wines and the major spirits. Included as part of your course is a tutored tasting through approx 40 wines and a spirits revision exercise.
You will not need any formal qualification just an enthusiasm for the subject and willingness to learn. It is suitable for both the enthusiast and those looking to enter or already working in the wine and hospitality business requiring a good level of product knowledge. It is not necessary to hold a certificate in WSET Level 1
Students who successfully pass, 55% or more, the one-hour multiple choice question paper with 50 question will receive a certificate, WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Sprits and lapel pin.
WSET Level 2 is a three-day course (9:15AM-4:45PM) are held on consecutive Saturdays at Bedales at Leadenhall. This course is held on 15/9, 22/9 & 29/9. There will be coffee & tea on arrival. On the last, Saturday, there will be a casual Wine Social with host Silvia (Divino in Vino)
What you'll learn
• How wine is made
• What factors influence wine style
• The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
• The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
• The production of sparkling, sweet, and fortified wines
• Label terminology
• Food and wine pairing principles
• The principal categories of spirits and liqueurs, and how they are made
• How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
This qualification has a minimum requirement of 28 hours of study time, including 16 hours of classroom or online delivery time with the WSET course provider.*
WSET Level 2 at Bedales at Leadenhall (3-day course: 15/9, 22/9 & 29/9)
WSET Level 2 is a three-day courses (9:15AM-4:45PM) are held on consecutive Saturdays at Bedales at Leadenhall.
|09:00 - 16:30||£370.00|
55 Leadenhall Makrket EC3V 1LT
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.