Bedales flagship location is a tribute to their namesake Bedale Street in the heart of London’s famous Borough Market. This unique space was originally a potato storehouse, now transformed into a wine shop, bar and bistro, boasting a new wine cellar, open kitchen and market terrace - offering an incredible…
Winemaker Evening with David Smith of SonVida
Wednesday 5 June, 6PM @ Bedales of Borough, SE1 9AL
Join us for a evening with winemaker David Smith of SonVida, a family-run Argentine winery producing fantastic award-winning wines.
Twenty years ago, Sonia and David, an Argentine and a Brit, then both journalists based in Washington DC, fell in love with a piece of land in the heart of the Uco valley. They built a vineyard from scratch, and now make wonderful wines praised by major industry critics.
After a 30-year career as an award-winning foreign correspondent for Reuters and ITN, David was an adviser for the UN Secretary-General, representing the UN in the Americas. Today he’s a winemaker in Altamira, the zone producing some of Argentina’s finest. What a journey!
“I believe a mosaic of experiences, across our world, led me to wine. Each of them teaching me so much, about the way of life in the world of viticulture, wedded to the past maybe but a culture forever thinking tomorrow, and the next harvest. And dreaming perhaps of the ultimate vintage for the ages.”
David has also written a book about their wine adventure, ‘Dream On,’ (Quartet Books).
During the evening David will showcase the SonVida range, INCLUDING:
SonVida Cabernet Sauvignon
SonVida Alegria Blend
AND A SPECIAL vintage that was ranked Number 4 in the world’s top 100 by New York’s Wine Enthusiast magazine
The wines will be complemented by Borough Market inspired nibbles.
Join us thirsty and curious!
£20.00 Per Guest
Meet the Winemaker: David Smith, SonVida
Entry for 1 Person - Meet the Winemaker 05/06 @ 76M, Bedales of BOROUGH Market (SE1 9AL)
|18:00 - 20:00||£20.00|
5, Bedale Street, SE1 9AL
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.